Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Dyson DC25 Animal Ball Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner Vs Dyson DC24 All Floors Ball Ultra Lightweight Vacuum

The Dyson DC25 Animal Ball Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner has the Dyson Ball technology that steers smoothly with a turn of the wrist. Dyson proves no loss of suction using the IEC 60312 Cl2.9 test standard. It is specially designed for homes with pets. I cannot understand how this vacuum gets any good reviews. It is so hard to use. I really wish I could send it back and buy a different vacuum even now that I've had this one for over six months. It does have good suction but that is the only good feature. The wand hose is so rigid and so short that if I reach to the ceiling with the vacuum right next to me I literally lift the entire vacuum up and of course then it falls over. Going around an entire room like this is virtually impossible as you would have to use one of your hands to hold the vacuum up and haul it around with you every inch of the way. Now today again I just had such a bad experience in trying to vacuum my stairs that I was compelled to write this review. There is just nowhere this machine can be put to do the stairs. There is no way to switch to a shorter wand so you are stuck with the long wand and it is so tight that it's actually dangerous trying to work this machine on a set of stairs and so very hard to do, and I'm a healthy strong man. Everything about it is just so difficult. For me, owning this vacuum has been a horrible experience. Plus, it's much heavier than you would think and if I use the beater bar on carpet it's extremely hard to push around. My assessment overall is that it has good suction but is otherwise terrible to operate. It's hard to understand how the accessories are used because everything is counter-intuitive and the instructions that come with it are completely inadequate. Thank you for the opportunity to review this item and give others another perspective on what it might be like to own this machine.




The Dyson DC24 All Floors Ball Ultra Lightweight Vacuum is very easy to maneuver. It turns very easily and is easy to move around furniture and obstacles. The low center of gravity makes it even easier to steer with just a turn of the wrist. It has concentrated technology for all floor types. It is an ultra-light and compact vacuum cleaner and weighs just 1.6 lbs. The DC 24 vacuum is lightweight 11.5lbs (DC25 16.1lbs and DC15 19.95lbs) and can go up and down stairs without problems (3 story condo). In fact, instead of using the hose attachment for the stairs I prefer to use the vacuum itself. It has a nicely placed handle in the front for this function (like a weed trimmer). You have to hold it out away from your body, as the brushes don't spin if the unit is placed upright.

Despite being lightweight and lower power, it has consistent suction and still get's a lot of dirt and dog hair out of the carpet.

The "Ball" allows the vacuum to access small, hard to reach areas without using the attachment. It is similar to using a swivel head on a mop. It handles my hardwood floors well, and now has replaced my sweeper.

The no-mess canister, easy to dump out with just a push of a button.

The washable hepa filter. This is one reason I do not have a problem with paying more for a Dyson. Effective heppa filtration requires regular replacement and that adds up in extra dollars. The dyson solves that with an easy clean filter.

5 year warranty. You will probably experience a disconcerting feeling when it's out of the box and it seems like flimsy construction. I usually destroy vacuums and so far this vacuum has held up well. I think the flimsy feeling comes from it's flexibility, the adjustment points and the ball. Trust me, I have dropped it a few times down a flight of stairs on the hardwood and it still looks and works as good a new.

Compact storage... that goes hand in hand with light weight, but it also telescopes down in height to fit under shelves for storage.

Coolest Dyson feature for me is the no-tool brushbar access/removal. Makes it very easy to remove obstructions from the brushbar without a tool set.

No comments:

Post a Comment